One of the most beautiful things in asian(pakistani) culture i admire is how our social structure is build and how our doors are always open for our friends and family.
I was surprised and shocked when i heard for the first time that there are prople who make a appointment before visiting there parents or family.
I have never done that, when ever i go to my parents or my sister the door is open for me and the food is always waiting for me. This is also with the rest of my social structure. I just call and go with out any cilly appointments.
I love this, it is a very warm gesture. When we as modern pakistanis lose this cultural treat, we are losing something very valuable in us.
Just now in the train a girl started talking to me. She asked about my job and asked if i liked my job. I said i dont like it. she said why do you do it, i said to pay the bills. She said are u happy with your life then, i said from scale one to 10, i would give it a 5. She said how come, i said i am hard to get even for luck. She said,what would make u really happy now, what i really was thinking i did not say to her of course, so i said the second most honest thing. I said, if i could watch a good science fiction movie like alien 2 that would increase my happines from 5 to 5.5. She looked at me penetratingly and saw that i was serieus about what i was saying. Now her ears where ready to listen, thus i spoke.
What are you thinking Saqib?
Why have I not been successful !
Do you think you are not successful?
I don’t know, I can definitely say this about my professional career. I have not booked much progress sins I graduated! I do whatever I have to do in a good way, but it is never at the same standard I set for my personal life.
I have occupied myself for a too long time with not relevant questions. Even though I am very ambitious, focused and determined , I have not been able to put these qualities in my professional life. Too busy in my own quest..
A quest in what?
In finding truth, moksha, virtue, god, beauty meaning for life. I am not so much interested in these things any more.
Why, have you found the answers?
No, I threw these question down the drain. It is not that I found the answers, but I eliminated the questions.
I will put all my energy and my strongest qualities in coming 10 years in my professional/business life.
What will happen then?
Then they will fear me!
What are u thinking?
Why are u thinking that?
I guess because i care!
Will it make any difference?
I guess not!
Because I care!
What are u thinking?
that I am almost working for 14 hours continuously now and still going strong.
My boses should appreciate a employee like me they should praise to lord for me. They should treat me like a king, pay me like a celebrity carry me on there hands and kiss my feets continuously.
But unfortunetly the reality is little different, they treat me like shit, they pay me not even enough to buy a normal bed and a tv. The only thing they will notice tomorrow if I die today is a empty chair and in stead of they kissing my feets I have to kiss there asses continuously.
Ahh what the heck still going strong!
What are u thinking?
I am thinking that i want to buy a nice big couch and a big tv, because i love to watch movies in a comfortable way.
Then again i dont have the money to buy. i will borrow or take a loan to buy what i want. So if i really think about this, i will buy something which will make me happy but at the same time i am becoming in dept of sombody and losing my freedom. Now i have to work even harder to pay of the debts.
This is the system we are living in. We want to buy things which make us happy and that is good for the economy, but at the same time we are losing our freedom because we have to pay of the debts by working even harder, which takes our happiness away from us.
It is a vicious circle. We cant stop buying because that will destroy our economy and our happiness. But if we keep buying we lose our freedom.
It has something of modern time slavery in it.
Do you know how many people in my life have said to me, “DON’T THINK SO MUCH”! Hmmm that makes me think again about this whole situation 🙂
In the Sauna:
Dutch man to Marokish guy: Tjonge Tjonge is it that hard to take your close of when going to the Sauna
Marokkish guy : I don’t want other man to look at my private part and get exited
In the gym:
Me to a guy: How is life?
The guy answering : Life goes on, so we go on! ( in Dutch it is more funny)
Outside the super market:
south American guys made some remark “he beautiful” to a Marokish girl, she was very pretty.
Maroksih girl giving lecture back to the guys: This all is test for you guys if you can control yourself then you will enjoy the bounties in the haven.
To which replied Spinoza!
What are u thinking Saqib?
I see in your eyes you are troubled by something.
There is a thought going through my head, It’s resonating like an ocean wave in my mind.
What thought, what is it?
“Liberation from freedom”!
Pffuuuh, that is deep, does it have any meaning or are they just pretty sounding words arranged in a philosophical context?
Yes I guess you’re right.
What do you MEAN, “I am right?”.
That they are most probably pretty sounding words arranged in philosophical context.
What are you thinking today Saqib , before you start I want to remind you that it is already very late and bye the way what do you think of my outfit?
I like your glasses.
But they are the same as always.
Still I like them. I have these visions in my mind, flashing evaporating like clouds of smoke.
Oh there we go again, like you changing the world in your superman outfit?
Ending the poverty of the world?
Ending corruption in the world?
Eradicating hate and fear in the hearts of men?
These visions are different.
Have you been using drugs again?
You know you got very light headed last time you used your mushroom salad to experiment with higher realms, you started crying like a baby.
This is different it is more permanent, it is nothing I have experienced before.
Saqib why are you always wasting my time.
Because I have nobody with whom I can communicate anymore, there is a dialog but no communication.
You do realize that I am just a dressed up candle, shall I just do what I do the best.
Perhaps that is the best…
Saqib can I ask you a question?
Yes my cauliflower, I am quit hungry though.
I will keep it short, do you remember our last conversation? You talked about ambition. You were quite negative about ambition itself, I am disturbed by that thought.
I was disturbed as well when I heard this for the first time, but the more I think about my own ambition the more I realize it is a deep inferiority complex in me which has a tremendous need to show to the world look how great I am. Don’t get me wrong this is the answer I can only find for myself after a deep investigation into myself.
Can there be then no ambition without inferiority complex, I am sure that there is and that it is valid for many out there. But all I can say for myself, I see no other deeper motivation for myself to be ambitious then to show to the world look I am better than you think of me, I am not a nobody.
Hmm perhaps If I had more time we could have discussed more in depth, bon appetite Saqib
Thank you my cauliflower
Habits to be changed. Challenge of the week. For 10 days there must be no negativity created in form of, anger, ill feelings or negative thoughts. So what ever happens, there must be a silent observation of the chaos around you with out any reaction or judgment.
It will be difficult, but nothing worth of appreciating in life comes for free.
Who is participating in this 10 day marathon of positive attitude with me?
- De dag verga, waarin ik geboren ben, en de nacht, waarin men zeide: Een knechtje is ontvangen;
- Diezelve dag zij duisternis; dat God naar hem niet vrage van boven; en dat geen glans over hem schijne;
- Dat de duisternis en des doods schaduw hem verontreinigen; dat wolken over hem wonen; dat hem verschrikken de zwarte dampen des dags!
- Diezelve nacht, donkerheid neme hem in; dat hij zich niet verheuge onder de dagen des jaars; dat hij in het getal der maanden niet kome!
- Ziet, diezelve nacht zij eenzaam; dat geen vrolijk gezang daarin kome;
- Dat hem vervloeken de vervloekers des dags, die bereid zijn hun rouw te verwekken;
- Dat de sterren van zijn schemertijd verduisterd worden; hij wachte naar het licht, en het worde niet; en hij zie niet de oogleden des dageraads!
- Omdat hij niet toegesloten heeft de deuren mijns buiks, noch verborgen de moeite van mijn ogen.
- Waarom ben ik niet gestorven van de baarmoeder af, en heb den geest gegeven, als ik uit den buik voortkwam?
- Waarom zijn mij de knieen voorgekomen, en waartoe de borsten, opdat ik zuigen zou?
- Want nu zou ik nederliggen, en stil zijn; ik zou slapen, dan zou voor mij rust wezen;
- Met de koningen en raadsheren der aarde, die voor zich woeste plaatsen bebouwden;
- Of met de vorsten, die goud hadden, die hun huizen met zilver vervulden.
- Of als een verborgene misdracht, zou ik niet zijn; als de kinderkens, die het licht niet gezien hebben.
- Daar houden de bozen op van beroering, en daar rusten de vermoeiden van kracht;
- Daar zijn de gebondenen te zamen in rust; zij horen de stem des drijvers niet.
- De kleine en de grote is daar; en de knecht vrij van zijn heer.
- Waarom geeft Hij den ellendigen het licht, en het leven den bitterlijk bedroefden van gemoed?
- Die verlangen naar den dood, maar hij is er niet; en graven daarnaar meer dan naar verborgene schatten;
- Die blijde zijn tot opspringens toe, en zich verheugen, als zij het graf vinden;
- Aan den man, wiens weg verborgen is, en dien God overdekt heeft?
- Want voor mijn brood komt mijn zuchting; en mijn brullingen worden uitgestort als water.
- Want ik vreesde een vreze, en zij is mij aangekomen; en wat ik schroomde, is mij overkomen.
- Ik was niet gerust; en was niet stil, en rustte niet; en de beroering is gekomen.
Today i learned that I can learn to unlearn that which is in my way of learning! The paradox of learning.
So there were two moments in my life, one was called the past other the future. One day the master appeard to teach me the secret. He asked, “are you ready?”. “I am not sure”, I replied, and the master disapeard. The tiger Sadness.
Everything i have experienced i have not gained but lost to THE past. The tiger dilemma
The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn’t angry enough.
There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio!
Too damned badly hurt to laugh and to damned proud to cry!
For every ten coins thou placest within thy purse take out for use but nine. Thy purse will start to fatten at once and it increasing weight will feel good in thy hand and bring satisfaction to thy soul.
3. Wat je vooruit schuift blijft je achter volgen!
2. Nood breekt wet!
1. de dood geneest iedere ziekte!
4. I have lived to long and seen to much (wolverine)
Ouders van de vrijheid:
Net als jij ben ik geboren van een vader en moeder. Mijn moeder heet Fatsoen en mijn vader Verantwoordelijkheid. (quaote in metro)!
Run towards your fears, behind your fear lies something safe and beautiful!
Do two things a day which you don’t want to do, this will enhance your character!
“Failure is success if you learn from it.” As long as you’re learning
from it, you’ll improve. As long as you improve, failure becomes
gradually less likely while the chances of success become much higher.